I am a film editor, filmmaker and film educator living in Stromness, Orkney:
- 20 years experience of film editing in drama and documentary films that have received over 50 awards and nominations
- 18 years experience in film education, specialising in the craft of film editing up to MA level. Contributor to the post production section of Creative Scotland’s Moving Image Education website. Part of the team that developed UHI’s Contemporary Filmmaking in the Highlands & Islands BA Hons
- Filmed and directed over thirty short films
- Film Representative for Orkney Arts Forum, Chair & Programmer of West Side Cinema and a trustee of Regional Screen Scotland
- Local fixer for visiting film crews.
1996 – present Freelance Editor
BBC, CBBC, STV, C4, Independents
1998 – present Freelance Educator
Screen Academy Scotland, Orkney College UHI, RSAMD, Sony, Scottish Screen, The Pier Arts Centre, Inverness Film Festival, Cucalorus Film Festival, Shetland Screenplay.
2007 – present Freelance Filmmaker
Papay Development Trust, Pier Arts Centre, Scapa Flow Landscape Partnership, Orkney Arts Society, European Marine Energy Centre, Orkney Research Centre for Archaeology, Orkney Folk Festival, Aquatera/Scottish Government.
AWARDS 30 International festival awards and 20 nominations inc:
2008 BAFTA Scotland Best Short Film (Editor – ‘Ma Bar’)
2005 BAFTA Scotland Best Feature Film – Audience Vote (Editor – ‘Night People’)
2004 BAFTA Scotland Best Children’s Series (Editor – ‘Shoebox Zoo’)
2002 BAFTA Scotland Best Short Film (Editor – ‘Wish’)
2000 BAFTA Scotland Best Short Film (Editor/Co Writer – ‘What Do Busy People Do All Day?’)
1996 BAFTA Scotland Best Technician (Editor – ‘Arch Enemy’)